Bedford Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
2021 Lifeguards Training - May 29th & May 30th
Lifeguard Training 2021 (May 29 & 30th)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What swimming skills are required to enter the course?
You must swim 300 yards without stopping & show the front crawl and breast stroke. You must tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
- What certifications will I receive after I take the course?
Your course is sponsored by the American Red Cross. You will receive your certifications in
Lifeguard Training, First Aid Basics, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- For what period are the certifications valid?
Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR certifications are all valid for 2 years.
- Am I guaranteed a job if I pass the course?
Yes, we guarantee you a job with the Town of Bedford after you receive your certification. You must attend both days.
- What if I can’t attend the course dates?
The American Red Cross and Swim NH run courses year round, please call them to see if a later course is more convenient for you.
- What will happen after I sign up for the course?
Someone from our office will contact you before the course to confirm that you are coming, and also to advise you what to bring and answer any questions you might have.
- What is the cost of the training?
The course is *DISCOUNTED for people who want to work for us this summer ($188) and ($375) for people who are not going to work for us, but want to get trained. (*DISCOUNT training price based on employee working a minimum of 150 hours over the 2021 season.)
- Where is the course held? Bedford Memorial Pool-May 29th & May 30th
For additional information on “Bedford Memorial Pool” please contact the Bedford Recreation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Forms and Files: